Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to...control caldura Lada...
Masini.ro Forum > Marci de masini > Marci de masini > Lada
Gigi66198
Automatad intake air temperature
All Lada models can be fitted with this thermostat-controled airbox feature. 2104, 2105 and 2107 has an air filter box which lets jou install this within a minute. (Diameter is exactly the same). Earlier Lada models had two-intake airbox. This has to be swapped to a 2105/7 airbox first. The automatic intake originates from Lada Samara. Again, intake diameter is the same, replacement requires a 10mm spanner only. (For one bolt only).
This improvement on your car has an advantage of keeping intaken air at an ideal temperature, even in the summer or winter. One reason of the high fuel consumption is eliminated this way. Engine will have a more stable/balanced idle speed. Choke will be used for a shorter time at cold start.
Temperature set by this device:
Factory has defined the work of this device as follows: at 25 degrees Celsius the flap is fully opened in the way of cold air. At 35 degrees Celsius it opens the cold-air direction fully.

I made some experiences. I took a digital, remote thermometer. I put its sensor into the airbox, and tied it to one of the three airbox-screws, just next to the primary barrel of carburettor. This is in the way of the air for which we want to control the temperature. I also insulated the sensor of course with a piece of foam. (The airbox and its bolts are hot of course).

Outside temperature was 20 deg.Celsius. The cold-air intake was fed from the head wall via flexible air hose (see picture). The hot-air intake was of course tied to the exhaust's air heater box. The temperature was kept around 28-30 degrees Celsius according the digital meter. On highway, going down a slope, the exhaust manifold had cooled down so that the measured temperature went down to 25 deg.Celsius. For the first throttle push it went up to 31 degrees immediately. After a few seconds the control goes in, and temperature is reduced to 28...29 degrees. At a stand still, airflow is slown down (even in the carbie barrels and the ram-air flexible hose), therefore it heats to 35-37 degrees, but after a start temperature is reduced again.

This morning I measured 8 degrees Celsius at the carburettor, before a cold start. During the first five seconds it dropped 0.2 degrees and started to raise. Just after getting off to the road from my yard it was 9.9, at the end of the street 12.0, at the first traffic light 20. This is a 400 metres route. Accelerating on the highway (outside temp is under ten degrees Celsius) it raised to 26 deg., arriving down the slope it dropped to 23 deg., and finally set at a steady 28 degrees celsius while travelling at 100kph.

Going uphill (in 2nd gear, high rev), it reach 31 after a few minutes. Stopping the engine, after five minutes it is 45 degrees hot, but starting again, it drops to the correct temperature again.
gm.
Gigi66198
poza 2
Gigi66198
Poza 3
Gigi66198
Poza 4
Gigi66198
Poza 5
Gigi66198
Poza 6
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.