Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Frationrul meu Floppy Dec 1993-Iulie 2006
Masini.ro Forum > Discutii generale > Off Topic
f1anatic
Nu am puterea de a mai traduce. Este o scrisoare pe care am trimis-o prietenilor, rudelor, colegilor si altor iubitori de ciini.

My little brother Floppy died today 30th July 2006 at age 12.5 after a brief suffering battle with probably prostate cancer. Symptoms started Friday when he had trouble walking with pain at his hind legs. He also had diarheea which we treated him for (we assumed it is stomach ache) then with size dependent dose of Tylenol arthritis which seemd to help a little. Today around noon my mom called us saying that Floppy had a seizure, drooling, peed on himself and was lying motionless. My father and I came home and found Floppy indeed like that. While we were shouting at each other and on the phone with an emergency vet hospital the dog stood up and walked about the house. We rushed to the hospital and an X-Ray showed an hugely enlarged prostate, lungs filled with fluid. Seizures in dogs this age are associated with cancer spreading to the brain. Blood work was normal (just like with Tano), he had no fever. While atīthe hospital he had 3 more seiures, and became nearly comatose (though he was alert on the way to the hospital). 2 hours later he was nearly comatose, on oxygen. We were prepared to have him stay overnight when the doctor told us to come in the back and have a look at him before we sign the paperworks for him to stay overnight. He was unconscoius, tongue lying on his side, mouth shut tight. He regained consciousness and I will never forget him turning his eyes towards me and trying to stand up. We had to put him down because there was simply nothing left to do. He fell back on the table, motionless and moaning. Really nothing left to do.

He joins my other little brother Tano July 1997 - May 2006

Pictures...we had a disposable camera...not that anyone wants to see pictures of a comatose dog...on a hospital table.

The picture with him lying on the floor - him today at about 11 AM. The other pics are a few days old. Then there are a few pictures of us in better times.

I just wanted to emphasize again that Floppy was a member of the family. He joined us from Romania in 1997 along with my mom. He had a good life, he travelled the world - he's been to Paris and I haven't. He was loving, caring, liked to come to you and forced you into petting him, he begged for food. He wasn't really obedient and if he considered you did him wrong, he would hold grudge. he would argue with you...barking at length whenever he dindn't like something and he would seek your help if he suffered - best example being ice on his paws in winter.

Money was again no object in saving Floppy. 640 dollars today ...and we would have gladly paid 10 times as much...but who to save...a dog that had 4 seizures in 3 hours and was on oxygen and comatose and all but paralyzed. He had to be delivered from his suffering...the best i could do for him is to love him to the end and make sure he doesn't suffer. By comparison Tano was 1100 to diagnose. There were more investigations to carry out...but really the dog was at most 1-2 hours away from dying. At the hospital and on medication (Valium and something else anti seizures)

Wherever you are Tano and Floppy, I LOVE YOU ! Make sure you play nicely together and take care of each other ! His ashes will join Tano's under my bed and the memories of us 3 - will last forever.
f1anatic
Alta
f1anatic
Pozele de mai sus: Noiembrie 2005

Asta este Floppy azi...inainte de a avea convulsiile
f1anatic
Pe 9 Mai cind am plecat cu Tano pe ultimul drum la spitalul universitar
f1anatic
Floppy -
madalina
Cuvintele sunt prea sarace. Sunt alaturi de tine.

Pastreaza-i in amintirile tale, fii convins ca au fost niste catei norocosi cu asemenea stapani...
A K U
sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
Va doresc sa aveti puterea sa treceti peste asta cat mai repede posibil... Nu pot spune altceva...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.