IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Festivalul penisului

This topic is about Festivalul penisului, the author, , wrote about: ... To read more just scroll down

> Festivalul penisului, in Japonia
T u d o r
post Apr 12 2009, 03:26 PM
Post #1

Membru destul de avansat

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 57.984

Fun at the Big Iron Penis Festival
By Chris Carlier

If you're taking a pleasant Sunday afternoon stroll in Kawasaki this spring, and you suddenly happen upon a group of unconvincing transvestites carrying a ten-foot pink penis statue, don't be alarmed: it's just the annual Kanamara (Iron Phallus) festival.

Surely the most hedonistic hi-jinks you'll ever find on a weekend afternoon, it takes place at the Wakamiya Hachimangu shrine, near Kawasaki Daishi station. The jaw-dropping festivities include old folks carving phallic symbols out of daikon, giant wooden members that you can sit astride and hug for good luck, and stands selling willy-shaped lollipops and hot dogs. Live bands and traditional dancing and drumming performances add to the celebratory air, and the event culminates in a parade around town featuring three shlong-shaped portable shrines. This is the sort of demented behavior you'd get into deep trouble for at school, but here, anything goes. I love Japan.

Legend has it that the Kanamara festival was originally held to celebrate the vanquishing of a sharp-fanged female demon with a nasty habit of biting off men's private parts. (Ouch! I think I've met her.) The shrine had been built to honor the gods of iron, and swords were once made there, so a resourceful monk thwarted the dangerous demoness' antics by making a huge penis out of iron, which shattered her teeth. Ha! Take that!

The area also used to be overrun with brothels in the Edo era, so the prostitutes would attend the festival to pray for protection against STDs.
These days the festival raises funds for AIDS charities and attracts a curious mix, including childless couples praying for fertility and a large gay and lesbian crowd (can't quite see why lesbians would worship a penis, but I’ve learned not to ask too many questions). Unsurprisingly, this festival also attracts hordes of foreigners—who almost outnumber the locals—that come to gawp at how crazy the Japanese are.

But be careful: it's easy to take leave of your senses and get caught up in the uninhibited atmosphere. A friend of mine was nonchalantly nibbling on a penis lollipop on the train home, and took a good ten minutes to realize why people were staring at her in shock.

Sursa

Poze

--------------------
Honda Accord 2.0 Executive Premium White

Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- T u d o r   Festivalul penisului   Apr 12 2009, 03:26 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:02 AM